The Ultimate 4-Step Routine for Dry, Sensitive Skin
Big plans this weekend? Us, neither. Consider treating yourself to a luxurious citrus bath. Get all the tips below from our display designer and stylist, Rachel Pappas.
Hi everyone! Rachel Pappas from The Woven Canvas here. You may have seen my styling work on Instagram or spotted my display at Follain’s Beacon Hill store, where giant floral and fern moss spheres dangle from the ceiling.
I’m here today to share with you my tips for styling your very own simple citrus bath. Not only are citrus baths aesthetically pleasing (perfect for those dreamy IG shots we all love), but they smell delicious and have an array of benefits.
Essential oils from citrus are invigorating and mood-boosting, so they’re great to throw into your bath after a long day at work or as a weekend refresher.
How many citrus fruits you use is entirely up to you—it just depends on how full you want your bath to be. If you only have two lemons in your kitchen, throw them in! For reference, I used 12 fruits to style the beautiful bath in these photos: 5 lemons, 5 oranges, 2 grapefruit.
How many citrus fruits you use is entirely up to you—it depends on how full you want your bath to be. If you only have two lemons in your kitchen, throw them in! For reference, I used 12 fruits to style the beautiful bath in these photos: 5 lemons, 5 oranges, 2 grapefruit.
Ingredients for a Citrus Bath
• Your own bath
• Organic citrus fruits (lemons, oranges, grapefruit)
• Fresh flowers (optional)
• Handful of eucalyptus leaves (optional)
• A few hours to spare!
Step-by-Step Guide to Your Citrus Bath Ritual
1. On your way home, pick up some organic citrus fruits from your local market. Don’t be afraid to mix it up! I like to use a variety—lemons, oranges, and grapefruit are my favorite combination. Sometimes I’ll throw in lime or pomelo if I’m feeling extra zesty.
2. Cut your citrus into medium-thick slices. Be sure not to cut them too thin or they may sink, and nobody wants that.
3. Draw a hot bath and add in your pretty slices a few at a time.
4. For those of you looking for something a bit more luxurious, add in those florals and leaves. I like to use whatever’s in season, but my personal favorites are eucalyptus and jasmine. Both will make your entire bathroom smell amazing almost instantly.
5. Set the mood! I love to light candles, play soft music, and settle in with a good book. For an added dose of relaxation, I’ll put a little lavender in my diffuser. Most important is that you’re able to savor the time to yourself—that’s the real luxury.